William B. Dickison
Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois (edited by Newton Bateman, L.L.D., and Paul Selby, A.M.) and History of Peoria County (edited by David McCulloch), Illustrated; Volume II; Chicago and Peoria: Munsell Publishing Company, Publishers 1902; pp. 729-730.
DICKISON, WILLIAM B.: Farmer; was born February 9, 1834 in Indiana. His parents were Griffith and Achsah (Bennett) Dickison, the latter a native of Chautauqua County, New York. John Dickison, his grandfather, settled at Mossville, in 1835, with his wife, Mary (White) Dickison, his brother Griffith and Aaron G. Wilkinson. In 1855, William B. Dickison and his father bought a farm in Section 35, Radnor Township, and later, for a quarter of a century, they lived in Richwoods Township, where the former filled the office of Supervisor. March 15, 1855. Mr. Dickison married Anna Wilkinson, in Radnor Township. She was born in Indiana, March 15, 1835, a daughter of Aaron G. and Sarah (Harlan) Wilkinson, natives respectively of Virginia and Ohio. Her grandparents in the maternal line were Joseph and Sarah J. Harlan, he born in Ohio, she in Maryland. To Mr. and Mrs. Dickison were born three children: Elizabeth B., Charles D. and William Ernest. Elizabeth B. married Frank P. Epperson, now deceased. Charles D. married Flora Frye, who was born in Kickapoo Township, in 1858, a daughter of Henry A. and Anna (Deen) Frye, born in Pennsylvania, and at Cincinnati, Ohio, respectively, and is the owner of a fine farm of 160 acres in connection with which he manages a dairy, selling milk in Peoria. He is a Mason and has been School Director. His three children are named Elva May, Anna Elizabeth, and William E. Mrs. William B. Dickison is a Presbyterian. She and her daughter, Mrs. Epperson, also a widow, live at 1001 Knoxville Avenue, Peoria.